Broadcast television in an IP world

Luke Guillory lguillory at reservetele.com
Fri Nov 17 21:37:14 UTC 2017

Have you seen what the OTA guys charge for retrans rights? They don't want to do this, I'd also bet their end game is to stop offering their feeds OTA in the end. Our retrans is going up 50% starting the 1st of the year which is just insane.

I can also state that one of them specifically mentions alternative ways to receive their signals which I can assure you isn't related to quality. We have fiber to 1 OTA broadcaster, but also have to pay to get there since we're not near their studio.

So while everyone is hell bent on blaming the cable companies for pricing, the only ones to blame are the programmers who continue to increase their rates. On top of that OTT is a pain requiring separate apps for every channel, awful buggy apps at that.

Luke Guillory
Vice President – Technology and Innovation

Tel:    985.536.1212
Fax:    985.536.0300
Email:  lguillory at reservetele.com

Reserve Telecommunications
100 RTC Dr
Reserve, LA 70084

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material which should not disseminate, distribute or be copied. Please notify Luke Guillory immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Luke Guillory therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. .