BCP38/84 and DDoS ACLs

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri May 26 17:19:34 UTC 2017

On 26 May 2017, at 22:39, Graham Johnston wrote:

> I am looking for information regarding standard ACLs that operators
> may be using at the internet edge of their network, on peering and
> transit connections,

These .pdf presos may be of interest:

<https://app.box.com/s/ko8lk4vlh1835p36na3u>

<https://app.box.com/s/xznjloitly2apixr5xge>

They talk about iACL and tACL design philosophy.

What traffic you should permit/deny on your network is, of course,
situationally-specific.  Depends on what kind of network it is, what
servers/services/applications/users you have, et. al.  You may need one
set of ACLs at the peering/transit edge, and other, more specific ACLs,
at the IDC distribution gateway, customer aggregation gateway, et. al.