BCP38/84 and DDoS ACLs

Graham Johnston johnstong at westmancom.com
Fri May 26 15:39:29 UTC 2017

I really did try looking before I sent the email but couldn't quickly find what I was looking for.

I am looking for information regarding standard ACLs that operators may be using at the internet edge of their network, on peering and transit connections, wherein you are filtering ingress packets such as those sourced from UDP port 19 for instance. I've found incomplete conceptual discussions about it nothing that seemed concrete or complete.

This doesn't seem quite like it is BCP38 and more like this is BCP84, but it only talks about use of ACLs in section 2.1 without providing any examples. Given that it is also 13 years old I thought there might be fresher information out there.

Thanks,
graham