Cisco NCS5501 as a P Router

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu May 18 13:36:39 UTC 2017

On 18 May 2017 at 16:21, Erik Sundberg <ESundberg at nitelusa.com> wrote:

Hey,

> We're at the growing point where we need a dedicated P router for a core device. We are taking a serious look at the NCS5501. Is there anyone else using a NCS5501 as P Router or just general feedback on the NCS5501 if you are using it?
>
> The big downside is it's only has a single processor

P would be the position I'd be most comfortable with NCS5501.
Particularly BGP free core and Internet-in-VRF. Single control-plane
does not seem problematic, usually design should allow any single core
node to be taken out of service without customer impact.

Please talk to your account team about roadmap, what features are
coming in which release in next 3 years. And ask them what are their
plans with this IP
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/corporate-strategy-office/acquisitions/leaba.html

--
  ++ytti