NCS5508 for Agg/Core/Peering router

Will Black wblack at cenic.org
Tue May 16 22:06:11 UTC 2017

Is anyone using the NCS5508 as the role of a backbone Core / Aggregation / Peering router?  I understand these are generally different network models but we would be interested in hearing whether anyone is using these routers for all three roles.  We flattened our network during our last refresh and are trying to do more with less (who isn’t these days?), so we’re trying to determine whether the NCS5508 would fit the bill that’s currently being served by our ASR9K’s.

We would also be interested in hearing general observations and thoughts about the NCS5508 for any role.

Thanks,

Will Black