Please run windows update now

timrutherford at c4.net timrutherford at c4.net
Mon May 15 18:22:59 UTC 2017

>>  <https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/05/12/customer-guidance-for-wannacrypt-attacks/> https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/05/12/customer-guidance-for-wannacrypt-attacks/

>> Look near the bottom under Further Resources.

Those are the links appear to be patches for older versions of Windows.

The link that Josh sent initially is probably the most straight forward for currently supported versions.

                https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx

Scroll down below “Affected Software and Vulnerability Severity Ratings” and click on the link in the left column it will being you to the MS Update Catalog download page for the patch in question.

Keep in mind that since MS started doing monthly patch rollups instead of individual patches, they are listing a “rollup” KB# and “security only” KB# for each version of Windows.

For example, look at Windows 2012/2012R2 above – there are four different KB#s depending on the OS version and update method being used.

KB4012217 : “monthly rollup” version for 2012 (gets delivered via windows update - contains this patch and several others)

KB4012214 : “security only” version for 2012 for this one patch

KB4012216 : 2012R2 version of the rollup

KB4012213 : 2012R2 version of the security only patch

Look near the bottom under Further Resources.