Please run windows update now

Phillip White nanog at incomingmta.com
Mon May 15 16:36:46 UTC 2017

You, sir, are to be congratulated!  I have been on this list for many years
- mainly to keep in the loop.  Up until today the list went to a catch-all
account as I have never felt the need to post.  Today, though, I felt the
need to create the mailbox just so I could reply since your posts have been
the most irritating I have ever seen on this list.  The complete ineptness
in any of the points you shared was astonishing.  If you are on this list
you are most likely in some business associated with the Internet so if you
are like some of those that "just want to get some regular work done" let me
remind you that this _is_ regular work.  Get it done.  Microsoft isn't to
blame here.  It's the people who refuse to upgrade their Operating Systems
or patch religiously who are (read: IT departments here too).  A lot more of
the world use Microsoft products than you seem to think - it is the dominant
and it's not going away.  If this causes you more work than the random
scripts you google on the Internet to run on your *nix boxes perhaps your
time in the business is up.  I too prefer and enjoy running all sorts of
flavors of unix/Linux and sometimes you will find that I bash the occasional
Windows user for being less than diligent but there is a limit to this
bashing and you, Rich, have well exceeded that IMO.

For those of you on this list that feel that this post was not necessary, I
am sorry and would normally agree with you and I hardly think it will happen
again.

Phillip White