BCP for securing IPv6 Linux end node in AWS

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon May 15 11:18:29 UTC 2017

Just make sure that nothing breaks PTB as it happens if you don’t pay attention to ECMP.

RFC7690

1&1 in Germany has this issue since at least 18-24 months ago, so all their customers with IPv6 enabled are *broken* for anyone having a smaller MTU because tunnels or the ISP technology, etc. They are aware of that, I told them for many months, but is not yet fixed, so make sure you don’t use those data centers if you want to enable IPv6.

You can check this with any of their IPv6 enabled sites (thousands I guess), for example http://diskmakerx.com/

And a nice tool to check it:

https://nat64check.go6lab.si/

Regards,