Please run windows update now

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 15 07:47:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017 02:12:27 -0400, Rich Kulawiec said:

> Or BSD, or anything but Windows.  Anyone running Microsoft products
> is quite clearly an unprofessional, unethical moron and fully deserves
> all the pain they get

Tell you what.  Go over to http://line6.com/software/ - You convince them to
produce a Linux version of the software for their musician's gear, and I'll get
rid of the Toshiba laptop running Windows.  Alternatively, find me an OSX
laptop that costs anywhere near the $400 I paid for the Toshiba Satellite.

(And yes, I already tried running their software in a VM, neither VirtualBox
or VMWare does a good enough job of emulating MIDI-over-USB2 to let the drivers
in the VM connect to my Pod HD, so don't bother suggesting that).

You want to repeat your claim that I'm an unprofessional, unethical moron
because I have a fully patched Windows 10 laptop that's backed up on a regular
basis because there's no realistic alternative?