BCP for securing IPv6 Linux end node in AWS

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Sun May 14 13:49:44 UTC 2017

The goal isn’t to filter _all_ ICMP.  The goal is to permit ICMP that is needed for correct operation across the global network while protecting from externally spoofed packets.

For example, on the IPv4 side, there arguably is no value to timestamp requests and address mask requests externally, so dump them.

Thoughts?

EKG