Please run windows update now

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Sat May 13 05:21:51 UTC 2017

Not to mention of course that the version of Windows 10 that actually has all Microsoft's wonder-dunder-touted-all-and-fro security features is the one that most mere  mortals cannot buy.

I wunder.

When there are these wunderful fluffings of the security of Windows 10, should one be suing Microsoft for not explicitly stating in the opening sentence that the features touted do not apply to any version of Windows that can be purchased at whim (ie, retail) and only applies to the "Enterprise" version which is *only* available with a minimum purchase quantity and the selling of the first (and second) born to Microsoft, and at that only after entering into a really nasty contract with Microsoft?

Or should one be suing all the "security fools and newsfrothers" that promulgate the story without specifying that the emperors "new secure clothing" is only available to "Enterprise" customers with special contracts to Microsoft and failing to warn that Microsoft has deliberately left everyone else "naked and unprotected"?

Or should one simply sue them all and let God (or a judge) sort it out?

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı