Please run windows update now

Royce Williams royce at techsolvency.com
Fri May 12 18:30:06 UTC 2017

My $0.02, for people doing internal/private triage:

- If your use of IPv4 space is sparse by routes, dump your internal routing
table and convert to summarized CIDR.

- Feed your CIDRs to masscan [1] to scan for internal port 445 (masscan
randomizes targets, so destination office WAN links won't saturate, but
local/intermediate might if you're not careful, so tune):

    sudo masscan -p445 --rate=[packets-per-second safe for your network]
-iL routes.list -oG masscan-445.out

- Use https://github.com/RiskSense-Ops/MS17-010/tree/master/scanners (the
python2 one, or the Metasploit one if you can use that internally) to
detect vuln. the python one is not* a parallelized script, so consider
breaking it into multiple parallel runners if you have a lot of scale.

- If you're using SCCM/other, verify that MS17-010 was applied - but be
mindful of Windows-based appliances not centrally patched, etc. Trust but
verify.

- In parallel, consider investigating low-hanging fruit by OU
(workstations?) to disable SMBv1 entirely.

Royce

1. https://github.com/robertdavidgraham/masscan