Ingress filtering from an external cloud service to the internal network

Yan Filyurin yanf787 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:11:23 UTC 2017

Since you can't change the design you may not be able to put some kind of
overlay solution in place, which is just a fancy way of saying a VPN
solution.  What if you look at it in a different way and put some kind of
endpoint security cloud solution like Illumio.

But if you at least had the freedom to put something like this:

http://www.sproute.com/span

in place or 20 other similar solutions. As in you do VPN, but right from
the cloud instance itself or another instance.  There is also a set of
various solutions that do specialized metadata like Cilium, but they get
into container networking and that is definitely application redesign.