Question regarding geolocation

Lars Andersson Lars.Andersson at fiberdata.se
Thu May 4 11:02:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am helping a small Service Provider in Sweden and we have some issues with IP addresses having the wrong country in geolocation. They show up as Norwegian even though they should be Swedish. The site we have most problems with and try to solve is HBO. Can anyone maybe give some input as to how HBO update their geolocation info? Maybe a certain geolocation provider?

We have contacted RIPE and they have acknowledged our addresses in the RIPE database as correctly setup with country object as SE. Furthermore the geolocation providers/sites we checked which show the correct info are ip2location, amakai, maxmind, ipinfo.io and EurekAPI.

If anyone from HBO see this mail I would appreciate an off list response.

Best regards Lars Andersson, Fiberdata