Microsoft O365 labels nanog potential fraud?

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Wed Mar 29 21:05:59 UTC 2017

The purpose of SPF is to REJECT messages before the data phase.  This cannot be done if you are checking the RFC-822 From: header since that requires accepting the message and invalidates the entire purpose of SPF.

I have never seen an SPF implementation that uses the RFC-822 header From.  Doing so would be pointless.