Facebook more specific via Level3 ?

Doug Porter dsp at fb.com
Tue Mar 21 17:41:23 UTC 2017

> 31.13.70.0/24
>
> This more specific is only visible via AS3356 ... Facebook
> isn’t even announcing it via direct peering.

This specific, and many others, are only announced to peers in the
metro they originate in.  To receive this prefix directly you'll
need to peer with us in Los Angeles.

It appears you're in Austria though, which means there's likely
no use in you peering with us in LA.  We globally load balance
people to the best point of presence.  You shouldn't see much, if
any, traffic to or from the above prefix.

> Any Facebook admin on or off list available to get this
> debugged and tracked down?

Please reach out to noc at fb.com in the future.

Regards,
--