Purchased IPv4 Woes

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Mon Mar 20 16:19:58 UTC 2017

I am for naming the companies that extort for via RBLs. Spamming is so
wide spread even the domain name company Godaddy leveraged it as a profit
center.

Godaddy, in it's early beginnings. Years ago.

I know from experience that this happens....Godaddy demanded money from me
for spamming. I had to pay $150 or $250 ?

I had several domains with them that were not even being used, beyond a
webpage placeholder and I ran my own DNS server for my domains. After
paying, they released my domain to function again. They claimed and
promised they would provide the proof "after I paid"... employees and all
kinds of lines about why they could not show you until after you paid. I
paid and Godaddy suddenly lost the proof. I am sure it was part of a
profit center as I know others that had this happen with Godaddy.

Think about it Godaddy didnt even provide me a service using an IP address
of theirs. It was the domain they held hostage with their DNS server.

There should be a class action against them - just to expose it - (people
never get the real money the lawyers do in a class action). Now that they
are public some lawyer should look into the records and find all the
extortion money gathered years ago. Contact those domain owners at the
time.

Would surprise me if the RBL owners were ex Godaddy employees that saw
this leverage opportunity.

Thank You
Bob Evans
CTO