[NOC] ARIN contact needed: something bad happens with legacy IPv4 block's reverse delegations

Romeo Zwart rz+nng at zwart.com
Sat Mar 18 15:55:11 UTC 2017

Dear John, Bill and all,

On 17/03/17 19:31 , John Curran wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2017, at 2:17 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>
>>> See previous reply.  The data was both correctly formatted and signed,
>>> so the agreed integrity checks passed.
>>>
>> Ah, okay. So it wasn't bad counts as originally reported but no data with
>> counts that confirmed no data. Thanks for the clarification!
>
> Bill -
>
> Glad to help (and apologies for the information coming out in pieces –
> we’ve opted to go with updates as we learn more rather than some for
> comprehensive but less timely report.)

We have been slow to clarify this from the RIPE NCC end, for which I
apologize. As was already mentioned by Mark and John in previous
messages in this thread, the initial report from the RIPE NCC wasn't
complete, which has lead to unnecessary confusion.

A follow up message with additional detail was sent to the RIPE NCC DNS
working group list earlier today:
 https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/dns-wg/2017-March/003401.html

We hope that this clarifies matters sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Romeo Zwart
RIPE NCC