difference with caching when connected to telia internet

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Sat Mar 18 05:05:40 UTC 2017

Thank you all for your advice and input. I wanted to circle back with you
all on this.

Turns out it was my fault.  Doesn't seem that this was a Telia problem at
all.

What happened was, when I turned up my new 10 gig Telia Internet connection
a few days ago, I needed to balance out my (4) 10 gig internet connections
so I chopped up a /17 into (4) /19's.  When I did this, I was still
advertising the /17 to my local caches, but I was advertising the (4) /19's
, one on each of my (4) 10 gig internet connections.  So the caches out on
the public internet were learning more specific prefixes (longer masks) then
my local caches were learning... so the caches on the internet were being
used instead of my local caches.  Once google and Netflix tech support
helped to make me aware of this, I correctly sent the additional (4) /19's
to my caches and now all is well.

- Aaron