Government agency renting or selling IP space

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Mar 17 00:44:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:
> Is there a technically a restriction preventing swiping of this IP space when it's being rented? How is that different from an ISP swiping  its customers that are renting bandwidth?

Hi Mel,

You'd have to ask ARIN to be sure, but I beleive they only accept
SWIPs for ISP registrants. Nothing stops the agency from
re-registering as an ISP (ARIN will accept you as an ISP if you want
to be) but it means new signing new documents (which may be a problem
with your legal dept) and possibly paying more money each year.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>