Regulatory Recovery Surcharge for Canadian corporations

Eric Dugas edugas at unknowndevice.ca
Tue Mar 14 14:59:31 UTC 2017

>From what I've gathered so far, every other carriers that we use are either
invoicing us from Canada or outside the US (e.g. Telia from Vancouver, BC and
Cogent from Toronto, ON).

A couple of minutes after firing my first email, our rep called me to follow
up. He'll escalate this as far as he can with his COO and CFO and suggested
two scenarios.

On Mar 14 2017, at 10:41 am, Graham Johnston <johnstong at westmancom.com> wrote:

> We don't explicitly pay a charge like this for the transit bandwidth we
purchase in Toronto from an international carrier, and I doubt that it is
built into the cost without any mention of it. I've never heard of such a
thing.

> Graham Johnston
Network Planner
Westman Communications Group