Regulatory Recovery Surcharge for Canadian corporations

Eric Dugas edugas at unknowndevice.ca
Tue Mar 14 14:03:44 UTC 2017

I recently negotiated a new contract with a tier1 for IP transit in Canada and
just got the invoice. I saw a "new" Regulatory Recovery Surcharge of 10% the
MRC (before taxes) that I've never seen before. Do any of my Canadian fellows
on this list are paying this outrageous surcharge?

Other than saying "it's in the MSA", our rep, their tax and billing department
are not useful at all. The actual rate is not specified anywhere in the MSA or
in the contract.