Purchased IPv4 Woes

Pete Baldwin pete at tccmail.ca
Sun Mar 12 14:27:52 UTC 2017

We used giglinx.    There was a third party that was validating the
blocks, and they/we caught a lot of issues with the first block for offer.

This was the second block offered, and it looked decent, but I never
personally checked the /16 parent.  I was only looking at the /18.   The
reason I made this post is to try and catch the things I couldn't see.
We don't appear to be on any lists (RBLs, senderbase look good), but
obviously we are still in peoples filtering rules.   The big one was
Spamhaus DROP but that was removed before we purchased the block.

The previous owner looked fine too, it was actually the owner before the
last that seemed to have been the cause of a lot of the bad rep, but
again that was cleaned up before we ever even made the request to buy.

-----

Pete Baldwin
Tuckersmith Communications
(P) 519-565-2400