Purchased IPv4 Woes

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Sun Mar 12 17:33:44 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 05:59:59PM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
> It's a loosing battle, and a failed system.  Don't blame the purchaser,
> it's a lack of oversight on the part of who ever does the blacklisting.

You bought damaged goods which aren't fit for the purpose you have in mind.

If you had performed due diligence research before finalizing the purchase,
perhaps you would have chosen not to do so.

If the seller had done their due diligence research, perhaps they could
have more accurately described what they were selling to you.

There's certainly a lack of "oversight" here, but it's not on the part
of the various blacklists which have *correctly* noted the dubious history
of the allocation in question.  And which, I might add, are not in
possession of proof that it doesn't still belong to the same people
who generated that dubious history.  In other words, everything said
here thus far might be precisely the truth, or it might be the 14,273th
iteration of a ruse designed to get the block unlisted so that it can
be once again utilized for abuse.

---rsk