Purchased IPv4 Woes

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sun Mar 12 17:11:59 UTC 2017

On 3/12/17 9:11 AM, Chuck Church wrote:
> Maybe a silly idea, but shouldn't the sale of a block of addresses
> (RIR ownership change) trigger a removal of that block from all
> reputation list databases?  If I buy a car from a police auction, I'm
> fairly sure the FBI doesn't start tailing me, because the car was
> once used for less than legal purposes.  New owner, clean slate.

No.

No verifiable way to confirm that a block has actually changed hands,
and not just had its user/POC renamed, sold to 'new' owner to dodge
bankruptcy/creditors, etc.

And just because a car was bought at police auction doesn't mean it has
no bad things associated with it anymore - such as drugs in the walls of
the passenger doors, or the FBI tracking device under the front driver
wheel well.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org