Purchased IPv4 Woes

Pete Baldwin pete at tccmail.ca
Fri Mar 10 17:00:47 UTC 2017

Hi All,

     Hopefully this is not taken in bad taste.   Our organization
purchased some IP space last year (163.182.192.0/18 to be specific), and
it appears that this block must have been used for less-than-admirable
purposes in the past.

We have been trying to clean up the reputation where possible, and we do
not appear to be on any blacklists, but we do appear to be blocked from
a lot of networks across the US/Canada.    I am noticing a lot of name
servers blocking our requests, many web servers, gaming servers, mail etc.

This is a transition block for us to move towards v6 everywhere, but we
have many systems that will need to rely on this block of space for some
time to come.

We are a small rural co-op ISP in Ontario, and I am just writing this
email as an extra plea so that if you happen to run a network that has
this entire range on your naughty list, we would appreciate you giving
it another chance.  I can be contacted on or off list, thanks.

--

-----

Pete Baldwin
Tuckersmith Communications