WEBINAR TUESDAY: Can We Make IPv4 Great Again?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Mar 6 21:11:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Baldur Norddahl
<baldur.norddahl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Major ISPs have IPv6 support now. It is
> the sites (=servers) that are lacking.

Hi Baldur,

Not exactly. My Verizon FiOS does not support IPv6. Neither does my
Cox Cable Internet. My Verizon Wireless service supports IPv6 but my
AT&T Wireless service does not.

All four of these entities have IPv6 somewhere in their networks but
that's not at all the same thing as saying they "have IPv6 support."

IPv6 deployment has gathered some momentum, enough that it's unlikely
to sputter out, but it's still laughably weak.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>