WEBINAR TUESDAY: Can We Make IPv4 Great Again?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Mar 6 17:16:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 03:08:35 -0500, Joly MacFie said:

> routing hardware layer that will be hit & miss. Nevertheless, since much of
> the world is still IPv4 dependent, it just could take off.

For it to "take off", the very same people who have dragged their heels
deploying IPv6 will need to suddenly jump up and upgrade all their gear
and personnel to support a *third* protocol.

Oh, and you're going to need support buy-in from *at least* Microsoft, Apple,
Linux, Cisco, Juniper, and a significant chunk of major makers of CPE gear.

What's the business case for all these stakeholders to buy into EZIP?  For
both the "We already do IPv6" and "We don't do IP6v" cases?