google ipv6 routes via cogent

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Mar 2 15:48:03 UTC 2017

Thanks everyone, and my apologies.

After I sent that email to you all, I did google for it and found that this has been a problem since ~ February 2016.  Dang, that long?!

In that case, I'm shutting down my ipv6 neighboring with cogent.  I have 2 other inet v6 connections.  I only learn 0/0 from all 3 isp's and I am not controlling which packets outbound where.  I may change that and learn their prefixes and their peers, and then re-enable my cogent ipv6 bgp session then, but until then, I'm leaving it down.

Thanks again y'all.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:9k#sh bgp vrf one ipv6 unicast summary
Process       RcvTblVer   bRIB/RIB   LabelVer  ImportVer  SendTblVer  StandbyVer
Speaker             140        140        140        140         140         140

Neighbor        Spk    AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ  Up/Down  St/PfxRcd
abcd:1234:efab:1212:1:1
                  0   174   55615   55615        0    0    0 17:35:34 Idle (Admin)

-Aaron