google ipv6 routes via cogent

Alarig Le Lay alarig at swordarmor.fr
Thu Mar 2 14:52:37 UTC 2017

On sam. 25 févr. 09:49:56 2017, Aaron wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to the nanog list, hope this isn't out of scope for what is
> usually discussed here.
>

> Cogent is telling me that I can't route through cogent to get to google ipv6
> routes (particularly the well known dns addresses 2001:4860:4860::88xx)
> because google decided not to advertise those route to one of their mutual
> peers.
>

> Anyone know anything about this ?  .and why it happened and when it will be
> resolved ?
>

> -Aaron

Hi,

Cogent is not able to receive traffic from Google since February 2016,
the case is the same with HE since 2010.

So, as a quick workaround, you have to connect your network to another
IPv6 transit operator for these destinations.

I you don’t have this possibility, you can set up an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel
to HE; the IPv4 traffic flows normally.

--
alarig