Consumer networking head scratcher

David Bass davidbass570 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:08:41 UTC 2017

This all goes away when he reconnects his old router from what I remember...

If that is the case, then I would concentrate my effort on the new router,
and its functionality (or lack of).  Could be something simple that you are
missing on it as a setting, or assuming it works a certain way when it does
not.  Sometimes these devices can be counter intuitive.