Consumer networking head scratcher

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Wed Mar 1 23:35:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-01 11:28, Ryan Pugatch wrote:

> At random times, my Windows machines (Win 7 and Win 10, attached to the
> network via WiFi, 5GHz) lose connectivity to the Internet.

> For what it's worth, the router is a Linksys EA7300 that I just picked
> up.

Way back when, I have a netgear router. It ended having a limit on its
NAT translation table, and when I had too many connections going at same
time (or not yet timed out), I would lose connection. There was an
unofficial patch to the firmware (litterally a patch in code that
defined table size) to increase that table to 1000- as I recall.

Does the Linksys have a means to display the NAT translation table and
see if maybe connections are lost when that table is full and lots of
connections have not yet timed out ?