Point 2 point IPs between ASes

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Thu Jun 29 01:10:47 UTC 2017

Well, /112 is not a stupid option (and is far smarter than /64): it contains the whole last nibble of an IPv6, that is x:x:x:x:x:x:x:1234.
You always put 1 or 2 at the end, and if needed you are still able to address additional stuff would the point-to-point link become a LAN.
And you don't throw away billions of addresses like with /64.