Vendors spamming NANOG attendees

Anne P. Mitchell Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Wed Jun 21 18:11:43 UTC 2017

> On 6/13/17 10:28 PM, Mel Beckman wrote:

>> But as I said, harvesting emails is not illegal under can spam.

But it is illegal under the laws of nearly every other technology-enabled developed country. And there are at least a few people on this list who are in those countries.

And once GDPR goes into effect there will be even more available remedies.

Anne*

*Dictated due to broken wrist, please forgive top posting and any weird grammar or typos.

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
Legislative Consultant
CEO/President, Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Member, Cal. Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Colorado Cyber Committee
Member, Elevations Credit Union Member Council
Member, Board of Directors, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Member, Board of Directors, Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop