PCIe adapters supporting long distance 10GB fiber?

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:07:21 UTC 2017

I would expect anything mounted in a computer to have all the power you
could want. It is not like the ATX power supply cares about an extra watt
or two.

As I understand the issue it is more about cooling than power and is
primarly a concern in high density switches were you could have 48 or more
to power and cool.