DWDM Mux/Demux using 40G Optics

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Mon Jun 19 19:44:59 UTC 2017

Let me try to explain better...

All Single Mode Fiber 40g Optics are using 4 cwdm channels ...

If you use a cwdm mux/demux with and expansion port and it is only mux/de-muxing 1450 to 1610  (i.e. not using the 1270-1330) you can use the expansion port to connect the 40g Optics

If you have a CWDM or DWDM Mux, with a specific 1310 pass thru port (Wide-band etc... check the specs) then you can plug the 40g Optics on to that port and it will pass the 4 channels thru it.

e.g. with the cwdm mux (see picture in previous post) ..you end up with  1x40g (lane) + 8 or 9 10g (cwdm lanes).

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net