Google Cloud and IX - Traffic behavior

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Jun 16 22:58:31 UTC 2017

     Hi,

     Anyone aware of different traffic behavior depending if the target
goes through normal peering than through an exchanges google exists in?

     We're facing a weird issue where the same GCLD Instance can upload
up to 200Mbps (Ref 1) if the target path goes through, lets say TorIX,
but cannot get more than 20Mbps on similar hosts (8 of them) sittings on
our peering links.

     PS; Those sames hosts get up to their link limit ( 1Gbps ) between
each others and others test points we have;

     PS: Wireshark capture show nothing abnormal;

     PS: Links aren't congested, and so on...

Ref 1 - 200Mbps is on a link rate-limited to 300Mbps.  Its my only test
point with a TorIX access

--
-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443