Russian diplomats lingering near fiber optic cables

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Sun Jun 11 18:59:30 UTC 2017

I have just scanned this whole thread - it is the most amazing analysis of technical details I have e ver seen

national security also
sean I am taking this in the sense of what the hell could these russian diplomats be doing?

I have been a nanog reader  since this list began   in the spring of 1995 i believe

remember i am parsing comments from the russian side as well

 i met aleksei soldatov at the kurchatov institute for the first time in april 1992.  about 3 days earlier i met  the demos guys who  told soldatov   suggested to soldatov that  he  should met me  at kurchatov

I followed the development of the russian internet very closely between April 1992 and 1999  not much after that.

meanwhile i am
well aware of international fiber optic cables geographic issues of same  — see telegeography for example,  His coordinates etc
 interception  of cable via submarine etc

see the US Sub named Jimmy  carter

I visited Russia for the first time in 1964
my dissertation completed in 1972

dis on site work for the Phd in Russia for 2 months summer of 1970
including pushkinskii Dom

Thanks to steve Goldstein of NSF I received an invite to attend the second Nato sponsored conference on the future e of   the  russian internet  met larry land weber there at Golitsyno - the conf  was sept 30 to Oct 2 1994

The point?  I have long experience with my Cook Report on Internet Protocol  in April 1992 issue #1

and an even lon\ger experience  with russian history language and culture

 I am also well aware this message will be readable by a ver large number of people both  here and abroad.

even visited the westin bldg In i think 1994.
 take a bow Sean!!

:-)