IPv4 Hijacking For Idiots

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jun 6 01:04:54 UTC 2017

In message <CAL9jLaZ3zED6tamFHo+W31SgPiP22Ms2Qt0BkudoJphrevCxiw at mail.gmail.com>
Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>most times i've seen isp DIA links bgp was 'free' or had been..
>
>> talking about the cost of adding an upstream BGP session.
>
>ok. so either free or some up-charge by the isp.

Wait a minute.  I just wanna make sure that I am getting this.

So you're saying that whichever criminal is behind this stuff, that he
maybe could have pulled it all off for the astounding and impressive
sum of zero dollars and zero cents ($0.00) ?

(Well, I guess that's not quite accurate.  I guess that he at least had
to pay for the cost of re-registering the wirelessnetbg.info domain name.
I don't know what .info domains cost anymore, but the last time I looked
you could get one of those for less than ten bucks.  I suppose that Internet
criminals everwhere will be greatly heartened by the low cost of entry
into this game.  I'm guessing that it probably costs much much more to
become an Amway distributor, for example.  Even second-story men have to
invest more than this for a set of appropriate tools.)

Regards,
rfg