Russian diplomats lingering near fiber optic cables

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Fri Jun 2 14:52:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-02 12:19, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 10:28:38AM +0300, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
>>
>> American diplomats are doing also all sort of nasty stuff in
>> Russia(and not only),
>
> Yes they have and for a very long time.
>
>> but that's a concern of the equivalent of FBI/NSA/etc, not operators
>> public discussion places, unless it really affect operators anyhow.
>> Just amazing, how NANOG slipped into pure politics.
>
> The network(s) have been political for a very long time and will only
> become more so as time passes.  Remember, the engineers wishing for
> the purity of technical discussion are usually the same ones crying
> that, "information wants to be free."
https://www.nanog.org/list
6. Postings of political, philosophical, and legal nature are
prohibited.
It is quite clear.

I do not deny networks sometimes are deeply affected by political
factors,
but current discussion is pure FUD, based on very questionable MSM
source.
IMHO any sane person wont like to receive this trash in his mailbox in
list,
that supposed to be politics-free, as there is enough of this garbage in
internet.
I do discuss such things too, when i have mood for that, but in
designated places only.

> Well, no matter.  You want purely technical, okay, let's start with
> authorised mail hosts.
>
> You need to add 144.76.183.226/32 to the SPF record for visp.net.lb,
> which is currently triggering softfails everywhere.  It might be wise
> to explicitly state whether or not it is just 144.76.183.226/32 in the
> SPF record for nuclearcat.com given the deny all instruction for that
> domain.
Thanks for the hint, fixed, i use this domain only for old maillist
subscriptions,
so i missed that, after i migrated SMTP to my private server.