VXLAN for WAN Pseudowires?

Aftab Siddiqui aftab.siddiqui at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:29:15 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,
In the previous job, we used it in a similar scenario and from that
experience

×
×
What works fine across end points: Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), VLAN,
QinQ, Multicast
What doesn't' work across end points: LLDP, LACP, CoS preservation (you can
remark), 802.1x

So, test your requirements in the lab (as you are already doing it), its
not a VPLS replacement in many ways but it worked like a charm in our
requirement. We used Open-network boxes (Dell, HP, etc) along with
CumulusLinux (Dell OS9 also has VXLAN support). Arista (Trident II/II+)
also works fine with EOS. All these switches were and still are for DC but
they are extremely cheaper than NCS5000 series and works fine.

--
Best Wishes,

Aftab A. Siddiqui