BGP peering question

Opeyemi opeolomola at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 18:18:10 UTC 2017

Okay I will just throw this, in addition to what the others have said. From an ISP point of view, assuming the neighbor is able to provision their end of the cross-connect, you need to check the common POP cost requirements, and also consider if the neighbor is willing to either pay for the peering or provide a mutual benefit.

Payment is straight forward. Mutual benefit will depend on what you desire from the neighbor-ship; secure IPv6, Transit services, latency and capacity thresholds, route and path attribute requirements, responsiveness to collaboration over issues (abuse, outages, and instability), internetwork politics, and other BGP controls.

Opeyemi Olomola