noction vs border6 vs kentik vs fcp vs ?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jul 12 19:37:40 UTC 2017

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:03:50 -0700, ShaColby Jackson said:

> I know solutions like Kentik do a lot more but I’m focusing on just the
> above use case. Also ignoring the cloud vs. on-prem difference, assume that
> doesn’t matter.

Might want to re-think that.  In a world where some eyeball networks are
reporting that 60%+ of the traffic is Netflix, there's a big difference
between the Netflix CDN cloud and having a local Netflix cache box on
the local net.  Akamai is another company making coin assuming it does matter.

(I'm assuming you don't actually know what percent of your traffic is
Netflix/Akamai - if you already had that breakout, you'd not be asking
for suggestions as you have already have an in-house solution...)