Some advice on IPv6 planning and ARIN request, please

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Jul 12 02:21:31 UTC 2017

Hence my mention of thinking it was a "sin" to subnet on the bit boundary in
v6... again, I will do my best to never go back to bit boundary subnetting
math in my v6 deployment.  Actually, you folks are giving me bad flashbacks
to my ATM H-PNNI days of pnni peer group nsap address subnetting.  Oh how
nice it was to view the atm switch nsap prefix in hex and view the peer
group level's at the hex boundary until we got to a place where we needed to
get a 4th level from 96-104.... I recall going with 98... we had to do bit
boundary pnni level 98... I don't want to have to do that with v6 if I can
avoid it

-Aaron