EdgeRouter Infinity as medium-sized "IXP Peering Router"?

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Tue Jul 4 20:43:43 UTC 2017

The RAM is upgradeable but it can support quite a few full tables out of
the box. The routing software under the hood got upgraded by Ubiquiti to
ZebOS https://www.ipinfusion.com/products/zebos/ from the VyOS code.

There is a Cavium bug regarding UDP packets though that can be nasty if you
hit it.
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/UDP-packet-loss-with-EdgeRouter-Lite/m-p/1343012

Even though the thread starts by talking about the Lite, all of the Cavium
EdgeRouters  currently have the problem. The beta work around is to
restrict packet forwarding to only use one of the CPU cores. This is with
or without hardware offloading enabled. Hopefully Cavium will have a real
fix soon. I have two of these I'm itching to put into production once the
bugs are worked out.