Akamai and Instagram Ranges

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Jan 28 16:37:44 UTC 2017

Akamai does not give out the IP space they use, for good and valid reasons.

Also, Akamai -is- a cache (just pretend for sake of this argument that none of you is ridiculously overly pedantic). If you are trying to cache on-net, why not just ask them to do it for you? It’s free.
	https://www.akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/akamai/akamai-accelerated-network-partner-aanp-faq.pdf

If you do not qualify for free on-net caches, and cannot peer with them anywhere, you could try doing a lookup on some popular Akamai customers, or even just www.akamai.com, then “optimize” that block. But that might not work as well as you hope. Akamai customers want to see every hit, many of them put in ‘cache busting’ code.

Good luck.

--
TTFN,
patrick