Common Reliable Out Of Band Management Options at Carrier Hotels

David Charlebois dcharlebois at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 03:25:04 UTC 2017

We use a Lantronix serial console box (SLC-32) with a small Cisco ASA 5505
+ isolated internet. VPN is setup to assign IPs in the OOB network which
allows direct access to most management IPs as well as console ports
through the Lantronix. I also have a desktop connected with a 2nd NIC (and
no gateway on the interface pointing to the OOB) which allows me to bounce
to prod network. I love my out of band setup. I don't know your definition
of "reasonably priced", but this setup works great!