Common Reliable Out Of Band Management Options at Carrier Hotels

Darin Herteen synack at live.com
Tue Jan 17 21:59:02 UTC 2017

Greetings list,

We are exploring standardizing our Out Of Band options across our network and various off-net locations and the question was brought up "What about carrier hotels? What constraints might present themselves at those locations?"

Assuming each hotel we are located in can provide either Ethernet or DSL I'm guessing that is going to come a cost (cross-connects, rack space etc..) that might end up being cost prohibitive.

So my inquiry is... What does the list find to be a reasonably priced yet reliable solution in carrier hotels for OOB? Or is that contradictory :)

Thoughts on Cellular?

Any experience/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin