External BGP Controller for L3 Switch BGP routing

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:31:10 UTC 2017

Cisco and Arista are both able to squeeze a current full Internet table into the base space on their Jericho boxes, using the right space partitioning.   Cisco added this in 6.1.2  without anything in the release notes, but you’ll notice they bumped the datasheet spec on the base 5502 to 1M FIB now where it used to be 256K.    It works with the standard Internet table, but may not work if you have a ton of routes with lengths that do not work well with how the memory is carved up.   Of course Jericho is more expensive than Trident.

Phil