Apple Caching Server question

Luke Guillory lguillory at reservetele.com
Sat Jan 14 05:52:52 UTC 2017

They sell transparent caching, works great and we've been using it for a few years. Not cheap on the CAPX side but it sure does work.

I deliver 50% of all Netflix traffic while never hitting my transit links, Apple is even higher and windows updates is are near the 97% number. The great thing outside of cutting down on transit traffic is the increase speeds from serving it from within my network.

The support folks rock and take care of everything, we haven't touched it since we racked it up. Simple 1u Dell server with 10g nics, we currently just port mirror to it and let it do its thing.

I can share more if needed as well.

Luke

Sent from my iPad

Luke Guillory
Network Operations Manager

Tel:    985.536.1212
Fax:    985.536.0300
Email:  lguillory at reservetele.com

Reserve Telecommunications
100 RTC Dr
Reserve, LA 70084

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material which should not disseminate, distribute or be copied. Please notify Luke Guillory immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Luke Guillory therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. .